Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thematic search: stories by "mood"

I thought classification of stories by mood was an interesting thing - so began putting some tags to stories where I could clearly identify the mood.

What I found after tagging a dozen stories is depressing: an unusually high percentage of stories have "sad" as dominant mood, & a lot of others have "horror" as either dominant mood or punchline.

I've occasionally tagged stories as "humor" - so there is something for light & happy reading. Hopefully, more moods will reveal themselves as I tag more stories.

Neither of the 3 mood tags covers but a few entries yet, though "humor" returns more entries than others (because I've been tagging it longer).

May be a look over a larger set will throw up more stories that leave me happy at the end! Will update later.

0 comments: