Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hugo Awards 2011: Winners announced

Official announcement.

Short fiction winners:
  1. [novella] Ted Chiang's "The Lifecycle of Software Objects" (A); download; Subterranean Press (2010): Training AIs takes a lot of time & commitment.
  2. [novelette] Allen M Steel's "The Emperor of Mars"; download; Asimov's, June 2010: A man copes with tragedy by escaping into fantasy.
  3. [ss] Mary Robinette Kowal's "For Want of a Nail"; download; Asimov's, September 2010: A retiring computer operator bugs spaceship's AI to save himself from recycling. Everyone "useless" must be recycled (destroyed) to save ship's resources!

2 comments:

LarryS said...

Hmm, I'm sure I have a Ted chiang story on my reader...
I once had a Allan steele book, quite good.

LarryS said...

I'm gonna share this in facebook!