Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oops! Posting schedule will remain erratic for several days.

Friday night I had an unusual accident - hard disk of my notebook blew, one of my 2 desktops will boot but with a constantly spinning hard disk, & with the second desktop apparently booting but refusing to send anything to video display! I've been without internet access for a few days, but never with all of the machines unusable.

As usual, I'm an erratic back up taker. Occasionally, like now, I wake up. Most of the time, I hope the god almighty will keep smiling. After all, if a machine never gave trouble in its 7 years with me, probability of something busting over next 7 years must be zero!!!

Notebook with crashed hard disk had most of my notes & downloaded stuff related to this blog. All of it is gone, along with some far more important stuff. I've sent it to one of the disk recovery services; I'll know only after a week if they're able to recover anything.

I got one of the desktops working yesterday night (other's motherboard is gone for repairs), by removing another hard disk that seems to have gone bust. That's where I'm writing this from. I'm still off email.

So, posting schedule will remain erratic for several days.

1 comments:

Krishnan said...

oh! too bad, sometimes lady luck turns her back on us stubbornly I guess !