Saturday, December 20, 2008

On YASID queries

A reader who forgot to give a return address asks me in a private message: "... May I post a detailed query with story synopsis, as best I remember it, on your page."

That's so someone among my readers can hopefully identify the story.

Yes, I will gladly post such story ID messages on behalf of readers. But you will likely have much better luck at rasfw. That forum has probably the biggest online congregation of some of the most knowledgeable people on the subject of sf stories - you would usually get it identified in hours, sometimes minutes. Do remember to prefix post title with "YASID: " ("Yet Another Story ID"); many people filter messages on this keyword.

Good luck. And let me know the story details, if you would still like to post here.

PS: I also invite readers to add (in comments) other online fora you are aware of for story identification from description. Even self promotions with links are welcome.

0 comments: