"Bull Spec", #4 (December 2010 to February 2011) (magazine, free) (ed Samuel Montgomery-Blinn): Annotated table of contents & review
This is a quarterly magazine, though quarters are oddly structured.
The magazine is available online via a tip jar that accepts $0 too (select "0" in red against "Gift" to bypass Paypal); other amounts go via Paypal. I personally haven't tried it, however; I got my copy in email.
Magazine includes a lot of stuff; I only include fiction below.
Table of contents (6 stories, best first, unread last).
- [ss] Don Norum's "A Mathematician's Apology" (B): A physicist builds a quantum computer, & invites a mathematician to program it with a previously intractable problem: generate a formal mathematical proof of any conjecture fed it! Only, the mathematician had not foreseen what it will do to his profession...
- Andrew Magowan's "Freedom Acres": Not read.
- Nick Mamatas' "O, Harvard Square!": Not read.
- David Tallerman's "The Burning Room": Not read.
- Erin Hoffman's "City of Shadow & Glass": Not read.
- James Maxey's "Tornado of Sparks": Not read.