"Galaxy Science Fiction", September 1954 (ed H L Gold) (magazine, free): Annotated table of contents & review
Table of contents (6 stories, best first, unread last).
- [ss] Philip K Dick's "Shell Game" (B): A group of stranded spacemen somewhere is being repeatedly attacked by...
- [novella] F L Wallace's "The Man Who Was Six": "There is nothing at all like having a sound mind in a sound body, but Dan Merrol had too much of one--& also too much of the other!"
- [novelette] Clifford D Simak's "Dusty Zebra": "Who or what the trader was & where he came from, nobody knew--or cared--until one of his gadgets began to play dirty!"
- [novelette] Daniel F Golouye's "Satan's Shrine": "No torment that had ever been inflicted on mankind was more feindish than Satan ... for he was worse than a devil ... he was a man!"
- [ss] Arthur Sellings' "A Start in Life": "What a problem for a robot ... having all of the answers, but not knowing when to give them!"
- [ss] Robert Sheckley's "Milk Run": "What are Smags, Firgels & Queels? Cats in a bag ... & Gregor was holding the bag!"
Fact sheet.Download whole issue from Internet Archive. [via Michael@ClassicScienceFiction]
This issue is labeled Vol 8, No 6.
Related: Fiction fro Galaxy, pulps, 1950s.
Legend: ss = short story