"Fantastic Adventures", January 1949 (ed Raymond A Palmer) (magazine, free): Annotated table of contents & review
Table of contents (best first, unread last).
- [ss] Rog Phillips' "The Can Opener" (B): Opening a can without puncturing it!
- [novella] Chester S Geier's "The Return of Sinbad": "A giant bord swooped out of the sky over Bagdad--& carried Bade to a land of enchantment".
- [novelette] A Morris' "The Devil of Doom": "Mota gloated from his throne--for would not Talat soon die in the pit of the giant toad?"
- [novelette] Henry Bott's "The Hammer on the Moon" (as by Charles Recour): "Jim Benton piloted the first space ship to the Moon, & found it inhabited -- by Earthmen!"
- [novelette] George Reece's "The Guy, Satan, Sends Me!": "Slim & the Devil got along famously. And why not? Hot music was made to order -- in hell!"
- [ss] Rog Phillip's "Unforeseen" (as by Roger P Graham): "The robots were built for one purpose: with mankind doomed, somebody had to live on..."
Fact sheet.Labeled: Vol 11 No 1.
Download scans as a CBZ file (via Carlo@pbcans), or as part of this larger package. Related: Stories from old "pulps", 1940s.