Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cyril Gupta's "Remember me?" (short story, first contact, free): I feel alienated at my own home!

While none of the tropes the story uses is original, I found it so charming I ended up finishing it while checking its URL I got in my morning mail a couple of days back.

Story summary.

When the alien ship landed in Atlantic & the single member crew picked up by a US military vessel, everyone on contact team was befuddled by the discovery. Not only is it first contact with someone from the stars, the sole crew member (named "Vrihadoyikamindo") is obviously human!

Many theories are proposed, but everyone on the contact staff will be left feeling guilty when the truth of his origins comes out.

Fact sheet.

First published: 7 August 2007 at Cyilism (author's blog). [via Arvind Mishra at indiansciencefiction Yahoo group].
Rating: A
Download full text.

0 comments: