Ordered on quality (best first), rather than their appearance in the magazine; my rating is in brackets:
- Brian Stableford's "The Trial" (A): Early field trials of a drug are too successful!
- John Schoffstall's "Bullet Dance" (A): An unconventional technique to beat the gunman.
- Chris Roberson's "The Sky Is Large and the Earth Is Small" (B): Not sf. Story of the early days of European Renaissance, but set in China instead.
- Nancy Kress' "Fountain of Age" (B): An old man cannot get over love of his youth.
- Robert Reed's "Roxie" (C): Joys of owning a dog.
- Michael Swanwick's "Congratulations from the Future!" (C): Future history of Asimov's Science Fiction magazine!