Tuesday, October 2, 2007

William Davis' "Waiting on Alexandre Dumas": A rich customer visits a restaurant

I found this story by searching fiction tagged "humor" in Strange Horizons archive search; I saw this search option only recently. But this story appears to be wrongly tagged; if there is humor here, I didn't get it.

It's a readable but very ordinary story about a dinner visit to Rosie's, a restaurant in Santa Fe, by an apparently rich customer, French speaking Alexandre Dumas, with his date.

Download full story text here.

Note.

13 November 2007: When I wrote this article, I did not know about the apparently well known in the west author named Alexandre Dumas - primarily as author of well known work "The Count of Monte Cristo". I had not even heard of Monte Cristo till a few days ago, & haven't read it.

So may be this story had some ghost or celebrity factor. But I don't feel like rereading just to clarify this point.

Fact sheet.

"Waiting on Alexandre Dumas", short story, review
First published: Strange Horizons, 26 June 2006.
Rating: C

0 comments: