Denvention 3 has posted 2008 Hugo Nomination List. List below ranks the story according to my preference.
List will get appropriate decorations as their process progresses.
Update 10 August 2008: Winner has been announced.
Note that novella are defined for Hugo as stories between 17.5 to 40 thousand words - with a margin of 20% at either end.
- [winner] Connie Willis' "All Seated on the Ground"; download; Asimov's, December 2007; humor: How to convince the alien visitors that humans are worth talking to? Added to my best of the year 2007 list.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch's "Recovering Apollo 8" (A); download; Asimov's, February 2007; science fiction, alternate history: Shipwreck & wreck recovery in space.
- Gene Wolfe's "Memorare" (B); download; F&SF, April 2007; science fiction: Kind-of please-everyone novella about raiders of human tombs in space, & their makers who don't want the tombs of their dear ones raided.
- Nancy Kress' "Fountain of Age" (B); download; Asimov's, July 2007; science fiction: An old man cannot get over love of his youth.
- Lucius Shepard's "Stars Seen Through Stone" (B); download; F&SF, July 2007; fantasy: A cocktail of - a small music label owner nurtures a talented but maladjusted musician, a romance, & evil waves that harvest human creativity. It's a good story, except for incomprehensible waves part.
- All Hugo Awards 2008 nominees in novelette & short story categories.
- 2007 Hugo Award nominees & winner in novella category.
- All Hugo Awards stories.