Sunday, November 2, 2008

Free fiction reprints feed now tracks 3 more sources

Recount: Free fiction reprints bot is a piece of server software that automatically & continuously tracks (currently) 10 sources of free fiction reprints on web, & delivers their stories, episodes & new content notifications to inbox via this feed.

New sources added to watch list during the last month.

  1. Feedbooks: Am picking up only short stories, novels, & collections marked science fiction, fantasy, or horror. Non-English content is clearly labeled, along with these attributes.

    Their feed doesn't carry a time stamp. So I pick up only 10 entries at the head of the list - after applying above filter. Head of the list happens to be most recently posted. This may occasionally miss some content.
  2. SF Signal "Friday YouTube" column. Marked "[video]" in my output.
  3. The Mighty Mighty MOC-Blog's "Indie Film Fridays" feature. Debuted last week. Marked "[video]" in my output.
Note: In case of video from both SF Signal & The Mighty Mighty MOC-Blog, I cannot see the linked movie in Firefox from my notebook at least. I haven't tried hacking. Comments at their pages & elsewhere, however, indicate many people are able to see the video.

Bugfixes.

  1. I can now pick up a few more free fiction announcements at Tor.

    I may occasionally fetch irrelevant items that are not free fiction; I mark such posts "[often free]".
  2. Boing Boing's serialization of Joe Hutsko's novel "The Deal" (1999) has not been appearing in my feed in spite of watch because these posts are back dated at Boing Boing - always set to 29 June 2008 - increasing time by a minute for each post!

    I can now pick it up, but if you keep your feed sorted on time, these posts will not appear near the head.

Related.

Bot SF magazine feed that combines this reprints feed with original free fiction feed, misc free fiction feed, & featured posts feed - so picks up much more fiction.

0 comments: