Recount: Free fiction reprints bot is a piece of server software that automatically & continuously tracks (currently) 10 sources of free fiction reprints on web, & delivers their stories, episodes & new content notifications to inbox via this feed.
New sources added to watch list during the last month.
- Feedbooks: Am picking up only short stories, novels, & collections marked science fiction, fantasy, or horror. Non-English content is clearly labeled, along with these attributes.
Their feed doesn't carry a time stamp. So I pick up only 10 entries at the head of the list - after applying above filter. Head of the list happens to be most recently posted. This may occasionally miss some content.
- SF Signal "Friday YouTube" column. Marked "[video]" in my output.
- The Mighty Mighty MOC-Blog's "Indie Film Fridays" feature. Debuted last week. Marked "[video]" in my output.
- I can now pick up a few more free fiction announcements at Tor.
I may occasionally fetch irrelevant items that are not free fiction; I mark such posts "[often free]".
- Boing Boing's serialization of Joe Hutsko's novel "The Deal" (1999) has not been appearing in my feed in spite of watch because these posts are back dated at Boing Boing - always set to 29 June 2008 - increasing time by a minute for each post!
I can now pick it up, but if you keep your feed sorted on time, these posts will not appear near the head.