"Startling Stories", "Thrilling Wonder Stories", & "Fantastic Story Magazine" as a single magazine issue - Summer 1955 (magazine, free): Annotated ToC
This is an unusual "magazine" issue - three magazines combined in a single bound form & a single ToC that for all practical purposes reads like a single magazine! I've no idea how to correctly refer to this issue in other articles - may be by naming any of the 3 included "magazines" should do!
Scans of the magazine are online in CBR format.
Table of contents.
- [novelet] Robert F Young's "An Apple for the Teacher": "Her pupils handed in the usual run of compositions - & she never expected to find one that was out of this world".
- [novelet] Murray Leinster's "White Spot": "There was only one possible planet to land on, & it had a strange white spot that burst into a flaming blackness!"
- [novelet] Bryce Walton's "Awakening": "Perhaps humans cannot live without loving - but Alice, the android, soon found out that she could love without living".
- [ss] Gordon R Dickson's "Moon, June, Spoon, Croon": "I love thee with my coils & tubes - & my gamma rays!"
- [ss] Richard R Smith's "The Angry House": "The house faced this riddle: When is a guest not a guest?
I've not read this story, but description sounds too much like last year's "Live and exclusive" (download) by Aditya Sudarshan.
- [ss] Alfred Coppel's "Touch the Sky": "The infinite can be beautiful, but it can have its limits".
- [ss] Leslie Waltham's "The Thirteen Juror": "From a ship in space, he saw his wife in another man's arms".
- [ss] Miriam Allen deFord's "Timeout for Redheads": "It took a trip in time in order to make a man out of Mikel".
- [ss] R W Stockheker's "The Rogue Waveform": "Freddy the Wrestler was only happy when everybody hated him".