Story is set in 19th century London.
Story summary.There are 3 main characters:
- Angelica: A "deformed" "human" from "perhaps" a very high altitude unexplored place in Himalayas. She was on display as a freak in a circus from which Lord Gainsley purchased her.
- Lord Cedric Gainsley: A very wealthy & ruthless individual who's learned a great secret about Angelica.
- Harold Parkes: Narrator of the story. A balloonist hired by Gainsley to build machines that can ascent to unbelievable heights - heights where Angelica will be comfortable.
- A E van Vogt's "Cataaa" (download): Intelligent alien exhibited as a freak in a human circus.
- Eric Frank Russell & Maurice Hugi 's "Mechanical Mice": A man has found a way to tap the minds of those far more technologically advanced, so he can built their machines even if he doesn't understand first thing about those machines.